Steel production in close up
Plan a visit
We look forward to showing you around our plant. Before arranging a visit, please note the following information:
- Our plant tours are free of charge, however, we would greatly appreciate a donation to our “Stiftung Stahlwerk Georgsmarienhütte” foundation.
- We generally offer visits on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 and 16 h, and they last for approximately 3 hours. Please email us with your preferred date to visit and we will confirm whether this is possible.
- Each group visiting the plant should consist of at least 10 persons. Smaller groups are able to take part in some of the set dates we offer. Visitors should be aged 10 years or over. School groups are welcome to take part in a visit from grade 5 and above.
- The visit includes walking for some 5km on a set route. This route on the premises and through the buildings is not suitable for walking frame or wheelchair users.
- Anyone with a pacemaker and pregnant women cannot take part in the visit to the steel plant (electric furnace and continuous casting line).
- No photography or filming is permitted on the tour.
Further advice on safety and conduct is available for download here. Please read this visitor leaflet carefully before visiting the plant and pass it on to all visitors in your group.