The quality of steel is not only measured by its impressive product features. It’s also essential to consider its contribution to a responsible energy and environmental concept for tomorrow and beyond.
Our plant was founded in 1856. It was named after King Georg V of Hannover and his wife Marie. In turn, Georgsmarienhütte also became the namesake of the prospering town located right next to our site.