Over 160 years of Georgsmarienhütte tradition
History of Georgsmarienhütte
1856 – The ironworks were established to take advantage of local ore and coal reserves.
1923 – The company was taken over by Klöckner.
1993 – Management buy-out by Dr E. h. Jürgen Großmann.
1994 – The steel production process switched from blast furnace converters to the DC electric arc furnace method.
1997 – On 1 October 1997, Dr Großmann founded Georgsmarienhütte Holding GmbH. Georgsmarienhütte GmbH becomes a subsidiary of the new holding company.